State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,440 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Very hard licensing test but awesome company

CCC Sales (Former Employee)
Richardson, TX

ProsThey have awesome benefits, great environment, some managers actually care about you and aren't fake, true move up potential, and overall a great company to work for.

ConsIf you don't pass the licensing test after 2 tries, you are SOL!!! The 2nd chance to take the test is way harder than the first one. After the 2nd chance, most of us failed. Not to scare you, but just being real with you. We had study groups and got a chance everyday to study together at work and even at home and it didn't seem to help. Good luck to all of you on the test if you have to take it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe few that are fake, just be yourself. To the others, keep doing what your doing b/c you are awesome!

Overall great experience and one of the best insurance providers to work for. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at State Farm as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great people, products and values. Excellent hours and management takes… Cons: Agent is rarely ever physically in the office, which can… Advice to Senior Management: Regulate agent hours and provide better training opportunities. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Takes care of their employees

Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits, Salary, Work Environment, Work Relationship, Flexitime, Cons: Repetitive work, hard to move up w/o degree Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the excellent job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.