State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,438 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Be carful what agent you work for. Regardless of how many years they have under their belt!

Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Columbia, MO

Prosits a stepping stone to your next great career. They pay for your licensing if you pass.

ConsNo benefits, some agents pay commissions only, you dont have time off and if you request it you dont get paid. Short lunches, no one to turn to when you have a question and if you get support be ready to be told that getting out side help will be held against you.Since agents are independent, they manage money and their commissions not people. You will notice lack of management, no communication, no follow up on your development or coaching, leading or positive reinforcement. Get ready to work in a hostile environment with co-workers doing whatever it takes to get a sale and to secure their own job.
You realize really quickly how many staff people use to sit at your desk but are never told really why they left until it happens to you. Its a revolving door.

Advice to Senior Managementget feedback from the sales staff in agents offices of what is really going on. You will be surprised of why people work as hard as they do. Its not always because they love their job. Intimidation,fear,bullying, have grear results on paper.

Bad time.

Claims Associate (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at State Farm full-time for less than a year

Pros: It's better than nothing, but not much. Cons: No positive feedback from Management. Only what you are doing… Advice to Senior Management: Hire Managers that know how to manage staff. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very traditional but trying to improve

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than a year

Pros: They recognize that innovation is the key to growth. The benefits are very good.… Cons: They are currently faced with the possibility of obsolescence as technology sweeps through the automotive industry that could… Advice to Senior Management: Respond more quickly to required changes and share more information… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.