State Farm

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Agent Team Member

Current Employee - Office Representative
Current Employee - Office Representative

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn about insurance and financial products, exposure to a variety of different types of people, get to help people in times of need.

Cons

As an agent team member you are the face of State Farm Insurance, you are the one selling their products and servicing their customers but yet you are not considered a State Farm employee you actually work for the agent. You get no recognition or respect from the coroporate company. Corporate show no interest in developing the careers of team members, all training is offered online, there is very little room to grow professionally, communication to various departments such as underwriting and payment plan is virtually immpossible with hold times of up to an hour sometimes just to ask a simple question.

Give team members the respect they deserve. Offten times customers never even meet their agent, the agent's staff are the true faces of State Farm and are what keeps the company in business. It is the agent's staff that is the first point of contact for the customer, the team member give the customer advice about coverage, answers questions about bills and is the first person to talk to a customer when they have a claim or an issue. Use some of your billions in profit to hire more underwriters and service people so when a customer is upset and the agents office has to call to get clarification they won't have to stay on hold for an hour.

1979 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Welcome to Hell

Former Employee - Bank Product Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Bank Product Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I can't remember any. They whole experience was terrible.

Cons

This company lied from the moment they made the offer to the moment I left. They relocated me and promised to help my husband find a job with the company. They didn't. I moved my family to the middle of nowhere for an opportunity at a career. Once they moved me and I was completely isolated, my boss made me work incredible hours while everyone else went home. I worked for one of the worst human beings I have ever known. She was cruel and almost destroyed me because I wouldn't make up numbers that weren't true. She was incompetent in addition to being extremely difficult. It was a hostile work environment. I was exploited and harassed. It was the worst experience of my life.

Treat people with dignity and respect.

Possibilty for growth depending on agent

Former Employee - Agent Team Member in Louisiana, MO
    Former Employee - Agent Team Member in Louisiana, MO

I worked at State Farm full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Basically unlimited commision of given customers
    Can call on whoever you want

Cons

Agent chooses which deals go to which team members
    Lots of Weekly "goals" like # of phone calls made and number of people you talked to

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm