State Farm

www.statefarm.com

Agent Team Member

Office Representative (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity to learn about insurance and financial products, exposure to a variety of different types of people, get to help people in times of need.

ConsAs an agent team member you are the face of State Farm Insurance, you are the one selling their products and servicing their customers but yet you are not considered a State Farm employee you actually work for the agent. You get no recognition or respect from the coroporate company. Corporate show no interest in developing the careers of team members, all training is offered online, there is very little room to grow professionally, communication to various departments such as underwriting and payment plan is virtually immpossible with hold times of up to an hour sometimes just to ask a simple question.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive team members the respect they deserve. Offten times customers never even meet their agent, the agent's staff are the true faces of State Farm and are what keeps the company in business. It is the agent's staff that is the first point of contact for the customer, the team member give the customer advice about coverage, answers questions about bills and is the first person to talk to a customer when they have a claim or an issue. Use some of your billions in profit to hire more underwriters and service people so when a customer is upset and the agents office has to call to get clarification they won't have to stay on hold for an hour.

Claim Processor

Claims Processor (Former Employee)

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Much work to be done, plenty of training, great work… Cons: Inconsistency in workflow, sometimes tend to be uncaring Advice to Senior Management: Managers need to be on the same page. Inconsistency… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company..Get With A Great Agent

Account Representative (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than a year

Pros: State Farm is a household name, therefore sales opportunites are… Cons: Each Agents Office is Independent, therefore work hours, pay, and… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline communication between departments, Encourage Underwriting departments to help rather than her Office… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!