There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

The 1950's ARE over.

Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can stay there forever.

Cons

You can stay there for ever.

Dear State Farm,
In recent years it has come to my attention, via employment with the company (you), that you do not give a care in the world about people. You do care, however, about profitability, getting it right according to you and placing people who are blind, mute and deaf to everything other than what you and your people say.
I was hired to do a job. I was then moved to do another job, unannounced and under the same title. I was confused and lost for a little while, until I saw through your tactics – common, as I know understand then to be from others who have worked for you for a long time.
What you need to be aware of, is that it is no longer the 1950’s. People now are scientifically known to have individual strengths. It is a proven fact that diversity in knowledge and culture, when managed well, brings richness to the work environment and the bottom line – but, I worked for you; I don’t expect you to know this information.
It is also common knowledge that customers want flexibility, time to think and prices that are competitive – again, not something I expect you to know. Still, you did a good job of circumventing people’s intellect by appealing to their emotional connections in your advertisements. Good luck doing that in the future.
Communication is KEY everywhere else. This should be your motto. It is more reflective of your culture.
I am proud of the work I did while I was working for you. I created efficiencies, opened up communication channels, saved you money and increased brand exposure all while creating cohesiveness across the people, departments and the company. I realize you don’t value those things, and so, to all that and more, I say good riddance.

1671 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

WORK AS AN OFFICE ASSISTANT.

Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at State Farm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Nice working place. Gain team player skills. Know more about insurance world. Pretty much a good place for working.

Cons

Small Group. Not enough experience gained. I got little insurance knowledge from this intern experience although the people working there are nice.

Have a larger group.

Great Company

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, believes in work/life balance. Many areas of IT to specialize in, i.e. Security, Networking, Operating Systems, etc. Believes in keeping employees in IT educated on latest technologies. Very good benefits, pay for the area State Farm is located is above average for IT.

Cons

Too big. The IT department is too big. When it takes several weeks to bring a server online, it usually means too much red tape. When one area runs power for the server, one area plugs in the network cable, one area installs the operating system, one area does security on the operating system, you have too many areas. There are too many meetings. It seems like people create meetings just to talk to someone. Less meetings mean more productivity.

Don't be afraid to admit to hiring personnel mistakes and let people go who clearly fibbed on their resumes go. Quit shuffling these people around to lower pay grade jobs without cutting their pay.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm