State Farm

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

The 1950's ARE over.

Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can stay there forever.

Cons

You can stay there for ever.

Dear State Farm,
In recent years it has come to my attention, via employment with the company (you), that you do not give a care in the world about people. You do care, however, about profitability, getting it right according to you and placing people who are blind, mute and deaf to everything other than what you and your people say.
I was hired to do a job. I was then moved to do another job, unannounced and under the same title. I was confused and lost for a little while, until I saw through your tactics – common, as I know understand then to be from others who have worked for you for a long time.
What you need to be aware of, is that it is no longer the 1950’s. People now are scientifically known to have individual strengths. It is a proven fact that diversity in knowledge and culture, when managed well, brings richness to the work environment and the bottom line – but, I worked for you; I don’t expect you to know this information.
It is also common knowledge that customers want flexibility, time to think and prices that are competitive – again, not something I expect you to know. Still, you did a good job of circumventing people’s intellect by appealing to their emotional connections in your advertisements. Good luck doing that in the future.
Communication is KEY everywhere else. This should be your motto. It is more reflective of your culture.
I am proud of the work I did while I was working for you. I created efficiencies, opened up communication channels, saved you money and increased brand exposure all while creating cohesiveness across the people, departments and the company. I realize you don’t value those things, and so, to all that and more, I say good riddance.

1809 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Good Company, Need Better Focus

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Columbus, GA

I worked at State Farm part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Promote quality interactions with clients
    -Focus on strengthening company from within the agent's office
    -Good benefits

Cons

-Not enough underwriters/service workers in the Alabama/Georgia area
    -Poor communication within the company
    -The "agent centered" mindset is not up-to-date
    -Need to update customer service techniques (more stuff online)

Help agents grow by allowing them to excel at what they do best in their market- selling Life Insurance isn't everything.

Do not trust them

Former Employee - Producer in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Producer in Anchorage, AK

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to advance and learn is good. Earning potential is good.

Cons

Don't be fooled..they are out to make money..that is their priority over all else. Nepotism is rampant.

Investing in your people will keep them around longer.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm