State Farm

www.statefarm.com
  www.statefarm.com
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Easy internship and relatively unexciting.

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Bloomington, IL
Former Employee - Finance Intern in Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people that work there are great and always happy to help.

Cons

Living in Bloomington, IL is not ideal.

Challenge your intern pool more.

1801 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

The 1950's ARE over.

Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can stay there forever.

Cons

You can stay there for ever.

Dear State Farm,
    In recent years it has come to my attention, via employment with the company (you), that you do not give a care in the world about people. You do care, however, about profitability, getting it right according to you and placing people who are blind, mute and deaf to everything other than what you and your people say.
    I was hired to do a job. I was then moved to do another job, unannounced and under the same title. I was confused and lost for a little while, until I saw through your tactics – common, as I know understand then to be from others who have worked for you for a long time.
    What you need to be aware of, is that it is no longer the 1950’s. People now are scientifically known to have individual strengths. It is a proven fact that diversity in knowledge and culture, when managed well, brings richness to the work environment and the bottom line – but, I worked for you; I don’t expect you to know this information.
    It is also common knowledge that customers want flexibility, time to think and prices that are competitive – again, not something I expect you to know. Still, you did a good job of circumventing people’s intellect by appealing to their emotional connections in your advertisements. Good luck doing that in the future.
    Communication is KEY everywhere else. This should be your motto. It is more reflective of your culture.
    I am proud of the work I did while I was working for you. I created efficiencies, opened up communication channels, saved you money and increased brand exposure all while creating cohesiveness across the people, departments and the company. I realize you don’t value those things, and so, to all that and more, I say good riddance.

WORK AS AN OFFICE ASSISTANT.

Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at State Farm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Nice working place. Gain team player skills. Know more about insurance world. Pretty much a good place for working.

Cons

Small Group. Not enough experience gained. I got little insurance knowledge from this intern experience although the people working there are nice.

Have a larger group.