State Farm

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Great

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Greeley, CO
Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Greeley, CO

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I loved my 21 1/2 years with State Farm. Would love to still be working there

Cons

The company has changed. They claim it is still all about the customer, but they don't want you to take the time to help them. They would prefer that a customer be transferred 5 or 6 times than have the first person assist them.

Consider the person, yes it is about numbers in the call center, but the numbers are not everything. Everything that was done to help me with my health issues was held against me. I worked very hard to try and get all of my call below the 5 minute limit, but couldn't. I didn't qualify for ADA protection so you labeled me as untrainable that is not a fair assessment. I was a hard working employee my customers were number one a priority in my opinion not a number.

1906 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Misinformed Expectations

Current Employee - Agency Owner
    Current Employee - Agency Owner

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great interview process - intense with great focus on core competencies as well as the requirement to prepare and submit a business plan.

Cons

Poor training and expectations were set for compensation that was unrealistic. They get you to bite and then after you have invested a great deal of time and money (and left a great paying job) you are stuck. They tell you that you will be your own boss - a business owner - but you are really middle management.

Need more consistency in training and make sure your recruiters are selling the reality of the opportunity...not the "best case scenario" that is highly unlikely.

VERY FRIENDLY

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at State Farm full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Immediate response to my application and very friendly and helpful reps. Excited about getting started

Cons

none that I know of at this point

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm