State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,444 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Great learning experience.

Life Insurance Specialist (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsFast paced environment, steep learning curve and close relationship to coworkers/agent.

Every agent is slightly different, but State Farm prides itself on being a company that really cares about educating each client to help them make informed decisions about insurance, which I respect to the utmost.

My particular agent was very flexible with schedules and helpful in the learning process.

I have heard from other people who work in corporate of State Farm that job security on that level is very high, although relocating may be necessary if you are looking for a long career within the company.

ConsTechnology always improving which can sometimes cause confusion especially when dealing with State Farm employees in other states (i.e. calling billing staff, underwriters, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great place to work-Hard to leave. Typical Cons of a big company.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -State Farm corporate is a one stop shop for everything you'll need for a career. There is training, classes, professionally supported certification courses, unique opportunities… Cons: Most cons are ones you'll see in most companies, and are more pronounced in large companies. -If you are in a slow area, work may be… Advice to Senior Management: SF does have employees fill out manager surveys. I would to see more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Agent's Office

I have been working at State Farm

Pros: Great environment, meet lots of people, fairly flexible hours that… Cons: little PTO, no benefits package Advice to Senior Management: offer higher base rates and more comprehensive commissions, with benefits Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.