State Farm

www.statefarm.com
There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Job Review

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros

Great Insurance Company value customers

Cons

New corporate job additions & reductions

1754 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

The Life of an Analyst is Good

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company cares about its people a lot. They offer lots of opportunity to develop yourself and advance within the company. In addition, if you get tired of your specific job, they make it easy to move around within the company. When you work at the Corporate location, there are many different departments to work in.

With incredibly affordable health insurance, vision, dental, life, AD&D, long term care insurance, a pension, a 401(k), and a respectable amount of paid time off, the benefits at this company are excellent. Furth more, the company essentially gives you $1,200 a year into your 401(k), in addition to offering tuition reimbursement and paying for any and all insurance designations you might want to pursue. This company cares about their employees and wants them to succeed both personally and professionally. With flexible work schedules and generous paid time off for sickness, dentist, and doctor visits, State Farm seeks to make sure you have a happy work-life balance.

Cons

The cons are no different than any other large corporation. Rows of cubicles, office politics and bureaucracy is not for everyone. In order to succeed, you need to be willing to “play the game” to some extent. But that is no different than any other corporation. For a fortune 50 company, the pros outweigh the cons by a significant margin.

Consider moving towards offering more non-salary benefits. For example, follow Google's example and provide free lunch, snacks, or on-site gyms to your employees. These types of benefits go a long way to increasing your overall employee satisfaction and reducing turnover.

Excited to start my journey with State Farm!

Current Employee - Quote & Bind Sales Representative in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Quote & Bind Sales Representative in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at State Farm part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive Pay, Incentives, Advancement Opportunities, Diversity - For me, I have an educational background in HR, and I know that with the Atlanta divisions growing tremendously, there will be tons of opportunity for me to kick-start my career in HR with State Farm, after having fulfilled state licensing (P&C), and the minimum 1 year work requirement in my current position before seeking advancement. I'm super excited!

Cons

I'm more of a glass half full kind of gal! - Look at the bright side ...better to be employed than unemployed! Sure, varying shifts and hours may occur, which may create an imbalance in your personal life but it'll all be worth it when you want to get into a new position. You've got to crawl before you walk!

Looking forward to meeting my new management and team Feb. 17, 2014 for training! 12 weeks at that! If management is anything like the HR Recruiter who interviewed me, I can expect 100% professionalism, very knowledgeable and patient with questions and concerns!

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm