State Farm

www.statefarm.com

Excited to start my journey with State Farm!

Current Employee - Quote & Bind Sales Representative  in  Dunwoody, GA
Current Employee - Quote & Bind Sales Representative in Dunwoody, GA

Pros

Competitive Pay, Incentives, Advancement Opportunities, Diversity - For me, I have an educational background in HR, and I know that with the Atlanta divisions growing tremendously, there will be tons of opportunity for me to kick-start my career in HR with State Farm, after having fulfilled state licensing (P&C), and the minimum 1 year work requirement in my current position before seeking advancement. I'm super excited!

Cons

I'm more of a glass half full kind of gal! - Look at the bright side ...better to be employed than unemployed! Sure, varying shifts and hours may occur, which may create an imbalance in your personal life but it'll all be worth it when you want to get into a new position. You've got to crawl before you walk!

Looking forward to meeting my new management and team Feb. 17, 2014 for training! 12 weeks at that! If management is anything like the HR Recruiter who interviewed me, I can expect 100% professionalism, very knowledgeable and patient with questions and concerns!

Other reviews for State Farm

External IT associate

Former Employee - "Technical Analyst" Aka Systems Engineer  in  Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - "Technical Analyst" Aka Systems Engineer in Bloomington, IL

Pros

Good Pay, Low key environemnt

Cons

Externals seen as disposable and treated as 2nd class citizens. It deptartment change process has philosophy that process is more important than outcome, thus costing State Farm millions in added costs every year. More interested in being warm and fuzzy than results.

Start listening to externals. They have the experience outside State Farm that can enhance IT systems and processes. It will prevent waste and bloated counterproductive processes and procedures.

State Farm has a lot of room for growth on the corporate side, but not as a licensed agent.

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Team Member in Wichita, KS

Pros

Friendly environment and you get to help people

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!