State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,287 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

From an intern's viewpoint, State Farm Insurance treated everyone with respect and promoted professional development.

Intern (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at State Farm

ProsThey have a very extensive and well-managed internship program for college students with amazing benefits, higher than average pay and a lot of responsibility. Everyone treats you as if you are a part of the company (not a lowly intern), the projects are fulfilling and you get the chance to network with some high-level executives. I would recommend this to everyone! Interview process is long and difficult, but well worth it. This company has great integrity.

ConsEntry-level work is fairly limited to Claim's Representative or Underwriter. They have a policy of starting you of on this side of the company,and then you can switch to Human Resources, PR etc. This is okay, but I would like to go into a different segment. Also, they tell you that you will be required to move around a lot to be promoted within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore entry-level positions.

Great opportunity

Actuarial Intern (Former Employee)
Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm

Pros: It was a great atmosphere and provided a chance to learn about the… Cons: If you really want to enjoy life in the big… Advice to Senior Management: I felt that the feedback management provided to the interns was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great place to stay and never leave...if you can handle boring town usa

Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm

Pros: you will never get fired Cons: most boring town ever to live in Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.