There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

If you want it, it will happen

Current Employee - Claims Associate in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Claims Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment. Good learning opportunities. Room to move up. Once in, plenty of different positions available. Good incentives. Good time off and vacation package (if not abused)

Cons

Claims are hectic. Stress levels are moderate to elevated. If you understand the nature of the beast, you will be fine. If not, you will suffocate. Not all schedules are flexible. Starting pay is low, but be good at what you do and that will change. Remember, mutual company, not shareholder driven.

Advice to Management

Listen to your associates. But don't immerse yourself in their lives. You are the supervisor. Be firm.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun, learning experience

Former Intern - Marketing Intern, Local Branch in Cleveland, OH
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern, Local Branch in Cleveland, OH

I worked at State Farm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about auto insurance and what coverages save the most money and helped families switch to better programs

Cons

Dealt with tons of customers, cold calling with numbers that either do not exist or are wrong people on other line

Employees treated like cattle.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are fantastic and they offer a lot of sick days.

Cons

The company has moved from respecting and valuing employees to seeing them as statistics and warm bodies to process claims. They are moving people around from one operation center to the next every two years or so. If you aren't willing to pack up and move at the whim of corporate hacks, you're likely get laid off. We recently started undergoing a process to reapply for our jobs again (all employees have to do this), and when you submit your application you get a highly insulting email basically saying that State Farm reserves the right to terminate you for no reason. There is an ambulance at the office almost every day. It is not unusual for employees to have stress-related ailments. I have had supervisors who blatantly insulted my intelligence, made inappropriate comments about my personal life, and who have never done my job and have no idea what I do or how to manage their employees. Working here has been a dehumanizing experience. I am seeking employment elsewhere.