There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

If you want it, it will happen

Current Employee - Claims Associate in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Claims Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team environment. Good learning opportunities. Room to move up. Once in, plenty of different positions available. Good incentives. Good time off and vacation package (if not abused)

Cons

Claims are hectic. Stress levels are moderate to elevated. If you understand the nature of the beast, you will be fine. If not, you will suffocate. Not all schedules are flexible. Starting pay is low, but be good at what you do and that will change. Remember, mutual company, not shareholder driven.

Listen to your associates. But don't immerse yourself in their lives. You are the supervisor. Be firm.

1664 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for.

I worked at State Farm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The dynamic management team were completely accessible, supportive and consistent with providing training. The company made it easy for employees to succeed, reach goals, be promoted, move around within the company. It also seemed that all my co-workers and support team members were happy with the company.

Cons

The compensation and benefits were much too low for the amount of work I was doing and the level of responsibility I had. Perhaps to make up for such low pay and benefits, they gave out corporate gifts to employees who reached certain goals, but most of the gifts had no real value.

Fun, learning experience

Former Employee - Marketing Intern, Local Branch in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern, Local Branch in Cleveland, OH

I worked at State Farm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot about auto insurance and what coverages save the most money and helped families switch to better programs

Cons

Dealt with tons of customers, cold calling with numbers that either do not exist or are wrong people on other line

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm