There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Great Company Culture

Current Employee - Auto Underwriter in Dunwoody, GA
Current Employee - Auto Underwriter in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was hired under a year ago with no experience in Underwriting or insurance at all. I came from a retail management background and was looking for a career change. At the time, they were going through a huge hiring spree. I was ecstatic to get hired and went through 2 weeks of onboarding and 8 months in we are still getting constant training. This company invests SO much in its employees. We are basically getting paid to learn all about insurance, as most people I was hired with didn't have an insurance background either. The management, for the most part, is far. I've metsdozens upon dozens upon dozens of people who have worked for State Farm for 10, 15, 20+ years. And they all say for a boring subject such as insurance, they love their job because they love working for State Farm. Benefits are wonderful (401k match PLUS a pension if you retire with the company). State Farm is a Mutual company so we don't have shareholders to please. Just our customers. The company is investing miliions into new hubs in Atlanta, Phoenix and Texas and it's an exciting time to work for such a wonderful company. This company is #1 in the insurance world for a reason.

Cons

At times, training is a little overwhelming because there is SO much to learn, but it's basically learning insurance inside and out not only for free but getting paid to do so. The software we process cases on is very dated and glitchy.

Keep up the good work!

1669 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Great company if willing to invest time in the company to move up

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at State Farm part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Thorough training, beautiful campus, workout facility, high secure, great people to work with, good health benefits, great discounts,

Cons

repetitive job, stressful at times, job policies change everyday, must invest time with company,

continue to push for opportunities for your reps, it was a good atmosphere at the atlanta hub.

The place where everything is remarkable.

Former Employee - Claim Associate-ILR (Initial Loss Reporting) in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Claim Associate-ILR (Initial Loss Reporting) in Tempe, AZ

I worked at State Farm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and time off policies, true family atmosphere and excellent training. They truly care about their employees.

Cons

You have to work your way up from the bottom. Less like a con and more like character building!

Continue to listen and adapt to current culture. You are doing great!

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm