There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Contract work at State Farm

Current Employee - Systems Support Specialist in Bloomington, IL
Current Employee - Systems Support Specialist in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Gain valuable user experience in the Business/Systems areas, flexible schedules, professional environment.

Cons

No room for advancement with contract employees and lower pay with no benefits.
Also single out special activiites that only are offered for internal employees when the majority in systems area are external.

Offer better opportunities for advancement within the company for contract workers, even to become permanent employees.

1671 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Agent Staff Member--Great Company even better agent!

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros

I worked for and Agent and she was great. We were like family. But it depends on the agent you work for. My agent paid for our health insurance, 401k matching and life insurance. She was one of few. Most agents don't. Our office was opened late and on Saturdays but we would always take off for family things. You can make good $ if you sell your bum off. But it depends on the commission structure of the agent.

Cons

Potential for growth was slim to none. You're basically set in the same position with the same salary.

Good company overall.

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology, good management. Some old legacy systems like any big Co. Good opportunity to advance, not 100% discriminatory against white males like many large Co's. Fair and competent mgt. for the most part.

Cons

Well, it is headquartered in Bloomington, IL which could be a plus for some or not a plus for others. IL as a state is going bankrupt but SF is dealing with that (mostly by not increasing jobs in IL lol!).

Mgt. seems to be doing a good job. Branching out to the hubs (ATL, TX, AZ) seems like a good idea.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm