There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Great place to work!

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

Pay is average but excellent benefits.

1600 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Great corporate internship program!

Former Employee - Strategic Resources  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Strategic Resources in Atlanta, GA

I worked at State Farm as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This isnt a "run to get coffee" internship. This is a REAL job and you are viewed as a co-worker and not an intern. I had the opportunity to write real reports that were published company wide and now have them as huge resume boosters. The pay is great for a college intern and the hours are very flexible. SF is based out of Bloomington, IL and the culture between corporate - bloomington and the Atlanta corporate hub are polar opposite. SF wants to keep you within the company and offers a huge opportunity for long term employment.

Cons

Strategic Resources department is a little too quiet. As a public relations major this internship was much more reaseach based than originally anticipated. During the interview I do not feel that the main goal of what I would be doing was properly conveyed.

Keep up the good work! Be sure to explain in detail what this department does prior to the interview.

Good company

Former Employee - Producer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organization overall is great to work for it They have built a recognizable brand, when you say State Farm people know who your talking about, which helps when your are pushing for new clients.

Cons

It depends on the agent you work for. They essentially are the ones who determine how your experience will be.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!