Great people, balanced work, solid company!

Former Employee - Public Affairs Intern  in  Bloomington, IL
Former Employee - Public Affairs Intern in Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm

Pros

Great people--friendly, down to earth, talented, knowledgeable. As an intern, I had an excellent experience within my department. They take care of their employees and people respect each other. There isn't much office politics that I hear about at other places. Employees seemed to really care about teaching me and trusted me with independent work on big projects. They cover relocation expenses for the summertime. They also have an amazing "State Farm Park" with pool, lazy river, miniature golf, intramural sports leagues--it's a ton of fun after work! (Hours were 8-4:15).
G

Cons

Indoors it's cubicle-world. There's a big cafeteria, but I still felt like I was in high school. There isn't a lot of activity in Bloomington. State Farm Park might be the biggest attraction!

I wasn't informed of the full-time positions available after graduation.

Other Reviews for State Farm

Not what I exxpected

Current Employee - Claim Processor  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Claim Processor in Irvine, CA

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

The stability of the company, the benefits offered & the people.

Cons

Tough job to have to listen to most people calling in for 8 hours a day that are upset about their damaged cars or the fact that "it isn't their fault" or having to explain the same thing over and over and over again everyday all day, it weighs on you after a while. Very LOW starting salary, A LOT of favortism going on there and THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MICRO MANAGEMENT of any place I have ever worked. They expect too much "adherence" to their strict schedule and you never hear any positive feedback, only negative.

Give more positive feedback, this builds morale and makes employees want to work harder.

State Farm

Current Employee - Claims Service Assistant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Service Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

The opportunity for advancement is really good. The company has a strong promote from within culture. The benefits are also really good.

Cons

The downside is that there are employees and managers on the fast track to success and will stay there at any cost.

Realize that it's usually the lowest paid employees who are truly contributing to the bottom-line of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!