State Farm

Good place.

Current Employee - Intern in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Chico, CA

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow and advance in the company. They had strong values that were seen throughout the corporate environment.

Cons

As an intern the even though you have a big hand in delivering sales for the agent and everyone in the office, you don't get bonuses.

Not much advice is needed. Everything that I have seen so far makes me a firm believer int he company.

1805 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Employees are happy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

Everyone seems to really love their jobs. They all come to work with a huge passion for their customers and each other. It's a really positive environment.

Cons

It's almost expected that you start working as a Claims Representative.
    Everyone says there's a lot of room for advancement if you're mobile... but sometimes you can't be mobile and I think you'd really miss out on opportunities.

Keep on doing what you're doing, it seems to be working. Remember to continue pushing forward on technology advancements. If SF lost their spot at #1 I think the main cause would be dinosaur technology.

Great Employer

Current Employee - Systems Analyst - College Intern in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst - College Intern in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

Decent pay for the amount of work you have to do.
    Relatively low stress.
    Great work/life balance.
    There is a lot of opportunity to move to any department if you're willing to go through training.
    State Farm uses consultants that help get a lot of work done.

Cons

The corporate headquarters is in Bloomington, IL.

When making a career path change within the company, the training provided to prepare you for a new job isn't always the best.

The systems (computer/technical) department isn't full of the most competent minds. Part of the problem is that State Farm tries to be really accommodating for individuals seeking new career opportunities and it's common for non-technical people to move into technical jobs. Some technical jobs require a formal computer related education.

Software development is not that exciting at State Farm, it's rather mundane.

Don't purchase software that is meant to aid employees before talking to the employees who will be forced to use it.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm