State Farm

Internship at State Farm

Former Employee - Intern in Blacksburg, VA
Former Employee - Intern in Blacksburg, VA

I worked at State Farm

Pros

Great company to work for. Good business model and corporate support for the agent. Marketing techniques used within State Farm really help the agent in the long run.

Cons

Didn't get paid. Not any work to do in the office. Was forced to do an internship by my college so I was pretty bored and angry about the whole process. Didn't learn anything I already knew and was a waste of time. Cons as an agent would probably be all the downtime in the office all the employees have.

Utilize your interns in a more efficient manner. Hell, I would've washed his car if I didn't have to sit in the terrible office and stare at a computer for 8 hours everyday.

1809 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

state farm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I worked at State Farm

Pros

compensation was good with regular raises. lots of opportunity to grow and good workload. other employees easy to work with

Cons

company expects employees to be mobile, open to moving to different areas of the country to advance. training can sometimes be trial by fire.

stay competitive, pay more of the employees/retirees health care costs and don't make associates work there for five years before giving them three weeks vacation

Overall good company, considering the economy and market.

Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

It is a very reputible company thats sells very competitive insurance. Good pay, great benefits and a family work environment. There is always have a person to call if you ever have a question with many channels of support.

Cons

Market for our company has substantially slowwed, we are cut off from many products in the State of Florida which makes the days long and the bonuses smaller.

Start offering all lines of insurance again so we can cross sell and be the #1 company like we used to be.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm