There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

College Internship Review

Current Employee - Agency Field Intern in Fullerton, CA
Current Employee - Agency Field Intern in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

great team atmosphere, highly encouraged to give your opinion and praised for your work

Cons

difficult for someone with no family/prior knowledge of the insurance industry at times to keep up

Feedback and praise is great!

1688 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Centralized CAT Operations, Dallas TX

Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX

I worked at State Farm

Pros

Good pay but as an independent we have no benefits and pay our own expenses. As an independent partner I was made to feel a part of the team by other claim reps. The trainers are awesome and always available.

Cons

Permanent team managers more concerned with getting control of the specialty teams instead of supporting us. Flood and complex loss being two of those. They actually bicker over this maybe because these teams are supposed to be on a rotation program but the same people are always in there. It is either very clickish or TM's are making money behind the scenes. Some of these people have been on these teams since 2005 and only go home for a couple months a year. They are independents just like me.

Rotate your team managers, independent adjusters and claim reps all on ninety day on and off. State Farms Managers should ensure that the cat operation is implemented efficiently, successfully and fairly. Most of them are not helpful and shirk their responsibilities.

Working at a agency

Current Employee - Associate in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Associate in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

Hours can be flexible. Can have a really relaxing and personal work environment. The more sales you make the more money you make.

Cons

Really depends on who your boss is. Sales expectations are not reasonable sometimes and alot of time your benefiting the owner of the branch

Reward your support staff more.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm