Good first job for someone right out of college.

Current Employee - Fund Administrator  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Fund Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at State Street

Pros

Great health benefits, paid time off, 401k matching up to 6%. My department is very supportive of work/life balance and working remotely from home.

Cons

Low pay, few chances to move up in the company, work is unsatisfying. Too many managers.

The management structure is too top heavy. The work in some departments is not evenly distributed among the groups within the department. Some are working a ton of overtime while others are trying to find stuff to do to fill their day. Instead of laying more people off, try moving those employees to departments where they are really needed.

Other Reviews for State Street

Difficult to understand the importance of what you are accomplishing.

Former Employee - Fund Accountant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street

Pros

Great place to start out of college. I would suggest working in such a place for a year and getting what you can out of it and then moving on.

Cons

The software was way behind the times. While I was there the Sacramento office converted over to newer* software. You were able to process funds quicker but it was still like using MS Dos. Each screen had a several commands corresponding to a number. You just memorized the numbers and punched at the key board all day.

Train new employees thoroughly. Give meaning to the number punching. The videos are not that great of a tool for trying to continue to grow ones knowledge of the vast financial world.

Great place to gain initial work experience and excellent work space and benefits.

Former Employee - Fund Accountant  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at State Street

Pros

Excellent benefits and very casual.

Cons

Unmotivated workforce with very low pay.

Move up or move on.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!