There are newer employer reviews for State Street

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Client Service Manager
Current Employee - Client Service Manager

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have had a very positive experience working at State Street. They have a knack of gathering great employees who share the same goals which leads to lots of fun and team spirit. You also gain access to global assignments which is great for your career and variety.

Cons

Sometimes difficult working for a US company in terms of decision making otherwise working at State Street has been one of my favourite jobs.

It would be helpful to provide more autonomy outside the parent company otherwise they do a great job in general.

1294 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Good place to start a career

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is low stress and the people easy to get along with. It's not an overly political work environment. Great hours in most departments. Plenty of nice perks and employee appreciation activities. Creates a very collegiate workplace.

Cons

Low pay and limited opportunities for advancement based on skills. Wish that promotions were not given out due to length of employment.

Give more opportunities for employees to showcase their skills and knowledge. Also try to do a better job of keeping employees abreast of changes being implemented.

Good First Job

I have been working at State Street

Pros

Easy to get hired. Friendly co-workers. Good low level managers. Very good benefits.

Cons

Very low pay. Entry level pay has slowly decreased to a ridiculous level. Not much room for advancement. Every day is exactly the same. Difficult to stand out.

If you want to hire (and keep) talented, intelligent employees you have to recognize them and pay them a reasonable salary. Someone with an accounting degree shouldn't still be eligible for government housing after a year on the job. I will be an asset to my company but it won't be State Street for much longer.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!