State Street
2.7 of 5 1,201 reviews
www.statestreet.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Good place to build a career once you get past the lower levels.

Vice President (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsTrue meritocracy. If you add value to the company you will be rewarded and advance. Most Vice Presidents and above are good, but obviously not all. If you are good with people and managing internal relationships you can be very successful.

ConsDifficult to advance from the very lower levels. Fairly stressful work especially as cost cutting hits the industry. Fair amount of politics as with any large organization.

A lot to learn, but a lot of non-value added work to be done

Tax Analyst (Current Employee)
    Quincy, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for less than a year

Pros: A lot to learn. You will learn about tax considerations/laws in many major markets, as well as the tax treaties between countries. If… Cons: Despite the fact that State Street is looking to be more "green," far too many teams/groups are still printing non-stop, all in order to create… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the need to print everything. Also, employees that are senior-associate level and above should really know more about… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Assistant Vice President at State Street

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee)
    Quincy, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible Work Hours are allowed Cons: Alot of responsibility with little staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Street CEO Joseph (Jay) L. Hooley . All reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees.