State Street

There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Few opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Portfolio Administrator in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Portfolio Administrator in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company provides very good benefits.

Cons

Employees are not satisfied with their responsibilities, some managers do not know how to manage teams, and there are few opportunities for employees in entry level positions to move up.

1487 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Fast Paced with lots of OT

Former Employee - Fund Accountant, Associate I in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant, Associate I in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I got this job straight out of college and I learned a ton because I was working 60+ hours per week. Pay was okay and with overtime I was make quite a bit of money for a recent college grad, which was nice. Definitely learned how to deal with a stressful work environment quickly.

Cons

Overtime was excessive at times with little appreciation from management. Work could be repetitive with very little focus on improving efficiency. People tend to stay there a year or two and then move on to something with a better work life balance.

Global expertise and reach, suffering from parochialism

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a bank of banks, depth and breadth of capital markets experience is unlimited. State Street's global reach and market leading support for it's clientele allows for economies of scale, rapid innovation and indepth expertise. It's products and services are market leaders and are rated at or near the top of their classes

Cons

State Street suffers the typical organizational ailments, organizational silos, regulatory pressure and the neverending pogroms to improve operational leverage. Restructuring, transformation and global resourcing are the current manamgement consultant recommendations du jour

Operartional improvements can only succeed with employee engagement, spend more time building up employee morale and engagement

There are newer employer reviews for State Street