State Street

www.statestreet.com
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

An outstanding company to work with.. Great for building a career

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good for people who are interested in long term career, good benefits and compensation, continuous education opportunities, management is good

Cons

A highly diverse and wide workplace also means that you have the right soft skills to succeed in the work place

Managment can channelize the energies of people with different skill sets and optimize it .

1442 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Great experience for first job

Former Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Princeton, NJ

I worked at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked on a very big client, Blackrock, which has a large mutual fund mix and got great exposure to municipal bond funds, mortgage backed funds, international equity funds, forex, and a large array of derivatives. Pay was ok.

Cons

Work was a bit mundane, not much flexibility at all to do anything, even excel spreadsheets were locked by IT.

Not much to say since State Street closed the office and laid off everyone.

Can I please have those 3 years of my life back

Former Employee - Mutual Fund Accountant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Mutual Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Entry level position of a mutual fund accountant is fairly easy to get and provides a good foundation for experience in the industry

Cons

It is completely luck whether you get a disgruntled manager or not. I have had 3 different ones within the company and only 1 was good, the other 2 made the job unbearable. It's not somewhere where people care that they work, it's somewhere where you end up realizing you should move on from. I can tell you, you will print out about a forest worth of paper over your career and consequentially set it aside in a box where it will sit. They will climb the walls of the office and storage rooms and eventually be taken away. Most days I often thought I was making someone a good chunk of money with all the derivatives and options I would book, but it was merely at my own expense.

Do not pretend to be a manager until you know how to do every fund in the group that you are managing.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street