State Street
2.8 of 5 1,014 reviews
www.statestreet.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

A great place to start and get some experience right out of school.

Fund Accountant, Associate I (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is a big company and the entry-level positions are quite stable. They have a great training program that gives you some insight as to what you will be doing on a daily basis. The training continues once you join the team you work for. As with any job, you continue to learn every day on the job and assume more responsibilities as you move forward.

ConsUnfortunately, it is tough to move up in this company. The best chance is to work for a year and transfer to a different team. Upward mobility is limited within your team. The salary is quite low, but it is something to work with.

Lots of Work for Little Pay

Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Can work from home when needed. Cons: Expected to work from home often off hours and for free. Company expects the world… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better and pay a higher wage, if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fund Accounting = Brutal Experience, stay away, even if you're desperate, stay away.

Fund Accountant (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good name on the resume. I hear other departments other than Fund Accounting… Cons: -no transferable skills acquired -you learn very little -stay far away from Fund Accountant role, even if you are desperate for a job… Advice to Senior Management: Take on less fund accountants and pay them more to do more work. the work is… More

There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Street CEO Joseph L Hooley. All reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees.