State Street

www.statestreet.com

You know what you're getting, it's a safe place

Fund Accountant Associate II (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsIt's a 45-hour per week financial services job. When you leave the office, you don't have to think about your job until you get back the next morning. And even then, you could easily get away with calling out or coming in late. If you can find a good few friends in the office, particularly in your group, it makes the job a lot more bearable.

An added bonus is you can definitely work this day job to support an entrepreneurial venture of your own. You can also get away with working on your own stuff during down time - which there is a lot of throughout the day. Also good to take advantage of 401K match.

ConsThere are a lot of routines that become mundane over time. General ledger processes aren't very exciting. A lot of times it feels like you're a glorified data entry employee. And you're not even that glorified for it. But again, you know what you're getting at State Street. It's safe.

Decent Starting Place

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great starting point, you can learn the back office business… Cons: Pay is pathetic, bonuses and yearly reviews are HIGHLY politicized based on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fund Accountant II

Funds Accountant II (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work/Life balance is good. I work from home so that is great especially with a young… Cons: Just a job and pays the bills. Common theme among… Advice to Senior Management: Lacks communication. I didn't get a merit raise. End of year… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!