There are newer employer reviews for State Street

You know what you're getting, it's a safe place

Former Employee - Fund Accountant Associate II in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Fund Accountant Associate II in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a 45-hour per week financial services job. When you leave the office, you don't have to think about your job until you get back the next morning. And even then, you could easily get away with calling out or coming in late. If you can find a good few friends in the office, particularly in your group, it makes the job a lot more bearable.

An added bonus is you can definitely work this day job to support an entrepreneurial venture of your own. You can also get away with working on your own stuff during down time - which there is a lot of throughout the day. Also good to take advantage of 401K match.

Cons

There are a lot of routines that become mundane over time. General ledger processes aren't very exciting. A lot of times it feels like you're a glorified data entry employee. And you're not even that glorified for it. But again, you know what you're getting at State Street. It's safe.

1308 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Fund Accountant II

Current Employee - Funds Accountant II in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Funds Accountant II in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good. I work from home so that is great especially with a young family. Downfall I am losing all my communication skills. Work with some good people at my level.

Cons

Just a job and pays the bills. Common theme among coworkers. Yearly layoffs which means additional work loads.

Lacks communication. I didn't get a merit raise. End of year communication stated how well we have been doing. So much for that.

Good for new graduate experience, bad culture for long term career

I worked at State Street

Pros

I worked at State Street for six years and built my resume with them. I learned a lot of job skills and much of what I know about investment banking.

Cons

I did not like the lack of respect given to non-officer positions. There is really a divide between your supervisor and you. It is a very arrogant divide where people you come to face to face everyday will not look at you or treat you as if you exist because your salary/position is not at a level to impress him/her.

Stop with the arrogance. Really. Oh... and pay market rate too. Turnover is very high because PA's and FA's are not paid what your competitors are.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street