State Street

There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Laid back, Young, Fun Company

Current Employee - Bank Loan Specialist
Current Employee - Bank Loan Specialist

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This place is very relaxed, depending on your department. Usually work is a little slow, so leaving you time to browse the internet for a while, however when its busy, you are SWAMPED! Work is not very challenging but fun.

Cons

Pay is very low compared to competitors such as Keybank, JP Morgan Chase, Commerce Bank etc. most of those companies are starting off at 40k where as Statestreet is starting 28K in KC. Most of my co-workers have two jobs

Please stay relaxed and weed out those managers that we complain about.

1441 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Good Place to start, but not much growth potential

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist, Associate I in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist, Associate I in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than a year)

Pros

really good training process, you learn everything about the company and your position within the first month of the job

Cons

very boring work environment, everything is quiet and management is does not really involve itself in your work, low starting pay

You know what you're getting, it's a safe place

Former Employee - Fund Accountant Associate II in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant Associate II in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a 45-hour per week financial services job. When you leave the office, you don't have to think about your job until you get back the next morning. And even then, you could easily get away with calling out or coming in late. If you can find a good few friends in the office, particularly in your group, it makes the job a lot more bearable.

An added bonus is you can definitely work this day job to support an entrepreneurial venture of your own. You can also get away with working on your own stuff during down time - which there is a lot of throughout the day. Also good to take advantage of 401K match.

Cons

There are a lot of routines that become mundane over time. General ledger processes aren't very exciting. A lot of times it feels like you're a glorified data entry employee. And you're not even that glorified for it. But again, you know what you're getting at State Street. It's safe.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street