State Street

www.statestreet.com

Fund Accounting = Brutal Experience, stay away, even if you're desperate, stay away.

Fund Accountant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood name on the resume. I hear other departments other than Fund Accounting are excellent places to work, unfortunately I was stuck in Fund Accounting for a year.

Cons-no transferable skills acquired
-you learn very little
-stay far away from Fund Accountant role, even if you are desperate for a job and get an offer from them as a Fund Accountant, keep looking for something elsewhere, it will be worth the wait.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake on less fund accountants and pay them more to do more work. the work is too spread out, i spent more than half of my day just staring at the computer screen.

Career crippling

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Quincy, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: This can be a great company to work for if… Cons: Some - not all - of management is promoted based on social status and not… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees, if there is a common complaint then it's best to take a closer look… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Intern - Financial Reporting (AIS)

Financial Reporting Administrator (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at State Street as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Incredible amount of exposure to how Private Equity & Hedge… Cons: Relatively low intern pay, but a great amount of learning. Advice to Senior Management: Reassess interview question Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!