State Street
2.8 of 5 1,011 reviews
www.statestreet.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Great Place to Work with Adjusted Expectations

Accounting/Price Specialist, Associate I (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at State Street full-time for less than a year

ProsIt heavily depends on your background to determine your satisfaction with State Street. The salary is low for experienced applicants for this with recent bachelors degrees. However, for young workers without a degree or others wanting to explore the financial realm, it can be a great fit. It has a mostly laid back culture with plenty of time off (as most financial industry companies do) and adjustable schedules.

ConsLong term, they have grown accustomed to high turnover. This could be good if you are willing to play aggressive and move up, but for those less aggressive you could be stuck in a "dead end" job as everyone around you departs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher pay would be nice but it isn't essential. Just focus on appreciating the employees you have and motivating them to stay.

Pretty good place to work

I have been working at State Street full-time

Pros: Good benefits, good work atomsphere Cons: Lower Pay, Office politics, not much room for growth No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Working for the company for 2 years - OK experience

I have been working at State Street full-time

Pros: diverse workforce exposure to international clients Cons: concerned more with client deliverables than employee well being salary considerably… Advice to Senior Management: encourage more of a work-life balance More

There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Street CEO Joseph L Hooley. All reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees.