Slave Street

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a good team, your days here could be bearable. Great way to learn the business right out of school. Decent benefits.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees. Turnover is extremely high and is getting higher as the continue to outsource every possible job they can to save a nickel. I think I could make more money at McDonald's if I worked there full time. At this company your just a robot brought on to complete whatever mundane task you're assigned. I am pretty sure they'll hire anyone. Not even kidding... As long as you breath you're in. Good luck moving up in this organization if you have any skill.

Advice to Management

Time to get serious with your human resource department. Let's hire fewer skilled people and pay them more. Quantity does not equal quality. Reward your employees and appreciate them. Some of the would like to make a career here. Instead they come here until they find a better job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good financial experience for younger employees

Former Intern - Corporate Accounting Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Corporate Accounting Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Established internship program with a variety of opportunities Internship structure is structured to give interns experience with a wide variety of projects and departments

Cons

Several layers of reporting structures Internships in the investment side of the business are significantly more competitive

2. Laid back, Young, Fun Company

Current Employee - Bank Loan Specialist
    Current Employee - Bank Loan Specialist

I have been working at State Street full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is very relaxed, depending on your department. Usually work is a little slow, so leaving you time to browse the internet for a while, however when its busy, you are SWAMPED! Work is not very challenging but fun.

Cons

Pay is very low compared to competitors such as Keybank, JP Morgan Chase, Commerce Bank etc. most of those companies are starting off at 40k where as Statestreet is starting 28K in KC. Most of my co-workers have two jobs

Advice to Management

Please stay relaxed and weed out those managers that we complain about.