State Street

www.statestreet.com
  www.statestreet.com
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Slave Street

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you have a good team, your days here could be bearable. Great way to learn the business right out of school. Decent benefits.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees. Turnover is extremely high and is getting higher as the continue to outsource every possible job they can to save a nickel. I think I could make more money at McDonald's if I worked there full time. At this company your just a robot brought on to complete whatever mundane task you're assigned. I am pretty sure they'll hire anyone. Not even kidding... As long as you breath you're in. Good luck moving up in this organization if you have any skill.

Time to get serious with your human resource department. Let's hire fewer skilled people and pay them more. Quantity does not equal quality. Reward your employees and appreciate them. Some of the would like to make a career here. Instead they come here until they find a better job.

1386 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Good Place to start, but not much growth potential

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist, Associate I in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist, Associate I in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than an year)

Pros

really good training process, you learn everything about the company and your position within the first month of the job

Cons

very boring work environment, everything is quiet and management is does not really involve itself in your work, low starting pay

Decent Starting Place

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great starting point, you can learn the back office business very quickly. Retirement benefits are good and colleagues are pleasant.

Cons

Pay is pathetic, bonuses and yearly reviews are HIGHLY politicized based on executive management. General training level and knowledge levels are low in USIS.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street