State Street

www.statestreet.com
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

I bet the homeless guy on the corner makes more than I do

Former Employee - Underpaid Robot in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Underpaid Robot in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation time.... That is it... They even cut our 401k match by 1% last year. They try to buy our happiness with vacation days.

Cons

PAY PAY PAY PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The salary here is so pitiful that I got a 40% increase when I left!!! Stay away, your bank account will thank you.

Pay us

1433 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Button Pressing Sweatshop

Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (more than a year)

Pros

401k is great, 100% match, fully vested after a year
    Majority of co-workers are fresh out of college, so you will have a group of people to commiserate with

Cons

So many, starting with the biggest:
    PAY- is excessively low, even with the current turnover rate (as high as 40% in some groups), State Street continually drops their non-negotiable, take it or leave it, subsistence level entry level salaries. They often claim they are right with the industry average in terms of pay, but I have never seen an article claiming the new industry average for finance & accounting is in the low to mid 30's. Work environment is generally miserable, aside from the happy hours you will be attending every other friday to celebrate the persons last day who you never really got to know in the first place because they weren't there for very long. Most people stay here for a year, starve, become great at excel, and leave for a job anywhere else that pays 10-20k more. With the economy picking back up, offers are getting rejected and current SSB employees are dropping like flies.

Leave SS as your last option, and even at that point, look again, because you will get an interview, and an offer in short time after you apply.

increase pay, responsibility...thereby reducing turnover.

Slave Street

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have a good team, your days here could be bearable. Great way to learn the business right out of school. Decent benefits.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees. Turnover is extremely high and is getting higher as the continue to outsource every possible job they can to save a nickel. I think I could make more money at McDonald's if I worked there full time. At this company your just a robot brought on to complete whatever mundane task you're assigned. I am pretty sure they'll hire anyone. Not even kidding... As long as you breath you're in. Good luck moving up in this organization if you have any skill.

Time to get serious with your human resource department. Let's hire fewer skilled people and pay them more. Quantity does not equal quality. Reward your employees and appreciate them. Some of the would like to make a career here. Instead they come here until they find a better job.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street