Not a good one

Former Employee - Fund Administrator in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Fund Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at State Street full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health benefits are okay. Can be a steady job. Recently allowed employees to work from home a few days out of the week.

Cons

Co-worker and management are not friendly. Most of management is very rude and does not care about the advancement of employees. Annual raises are very little as well as bonuses.

Other Employee Reviews for State Street

Button Pressing Sweatshop

Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k is great, 100% match, fully vested after a year Majority of co-workers are fresh out of college, so you will have a group of people to commiserate with

Cons

So many, starting with the biggest: PAY- is excessively low, even with the current turnover rate (as high as 40% in some groups), State Street continually drops their non-negotiable, take it or leave it, subsistence level entry level salaries. They often claim they are right with the industry average in terms of pay, but I have never seen an article claiming the new industry average for finance & accounting is in the low to mid 30's. Work environment is generally miserable, aside from the happy hours you will be attending every other friday to celebrate the persons last day who you never really got to know in the first place because they weren't there for very long. Most people stay here for a year, starve, become great at excel, and leave for a job anywhere else that pays 10-20k more. With the economy picking back up, offers are getting rejected and current SSB employees are dropping like flies. Leave SS as your last option, and even at that point, look again, because you will get an interview, and an offer in short time after you apply.

Advice to Management

increase pay, responsibility...thereby reducing turnover.

I bet the homeless guy on the corner makes more than I do

Former Employee - Underpaid Robot in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Underpaid Robot in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation time.... That is it... They even cut our 401k match by 1% last year. They try to buy our happiness with vacation days.

Cons

PAY PAY PAY PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The salary here is so pitiful that I got a 40% increase when I left!!! Stay away, your bank account will thank you.

Advice to Management

Pay us