Associate II

Former Employee - Associate II  in  Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Associate II in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to gain some experience for a new college grad. At least when I was there, the people were awesome, which is exactly what I miss the most. Other than that, the only other thing I can say about that place and the position is the hours were great.

Cons

I did not feel like there was much room for advancement, and the base salary was down right terrible. I know for a fact that an entry level job is San Francisco would be at least a 10-15K increase.

Other Reviews for State Street

Overworked, underpaid, & no advancement if your not the favorite

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of locations. Nothing else

Cons

Pay bad
    Management bad
    Advancement non existent

PPRs should be done for managers by their employees

Unrewarding, both professionallly and in terms of compensation

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1.) If you work in the right area you may be eligible for a Flexible Work Arrangement (Note: Those privileges are can removed from an entire department, without notice, as a form of communal punishment for operational losses within a separate area of the department)

2.) If you become CEO you will be the 3rd highest paid in the entire industry.

Cons

Talent Loss/Brain Drain is remarkably high at State Street. With little to no merit increases for employees over the past 7 years, attrition rates for talented employees are extremely high. The remaining lesser-skilled employees have been forced to work longer and harder to implement unrealistic cost savings plans (i.e. outsource their own jobs). As a result, moral among employees is terrifyingly low (crying at the desk, storming out of the building are not rare events) and operational losses seem to be occurring at unprecedented rates.

If you care about your employees, your employees will care about you and your clients. In Jay's short time as CEO he has obliterated the loyalty of what was once the most loyal employee base in the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!