There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Portfolio accountant position provides good exposure to custodial services.

I worked at State Street

Pros

Portfolio accountant position provides good exposure to custodial services. State Street is a very well respected name in the industry. The firm has a good training program.

Cons

Employee turnover sometimes causes issues in serving the client effectively. Review of the monthly investment management reports can involve some manual processes.

Listen to entry level employees and see what is needed to support their job.

1318 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Software Development Manager

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life ratio great. 4 weeks day 1, work from home

Cons

IBM outsource deal for systems...cannot get much done anymore.
    Most development work is off-shore or being pushed off.
    Upper mgt Ail CTO and company really have no clue how to run an organization and are looking only to the next fiscal quarter to get their bonus.

Do some major head chopping at the top and get some fresh blood in there. Our IT leaders are leading us to the valley of death. You can boost you revenue for a quarter or even a year or so but your killing the tree from the roots. We are getting set up for major problems if we stay on the IT path we are on.

How about you be happy you have a good job?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at SSB for a little under four years now and on a scale of 1/10, I enjoy my work about a 7. I work in a small team, for a wonderful boss and co workers. I, "posted" (applied for a new job within state street) out 2 times with two promotions since started here after graduating college in 2010. I have finally landed a great job where the work I am doing is interesting and useful. Lots of entry level fund accounting and client service positions at State Street which can be boring (and are the reasons for State Streets low score here) but they are ENTRY LEVEL. I started out in client service and as much as I despised it, it has taught me a lot. Pros: benefits, co workers (I've meet so many awesome people here who are sarcastic, easy going and positive), great locations no matter where you are located, great company to add to your resume.

Cons

Cons? The pay is "OK". They are way under the industry average. I found that by moving around a bit really helped my pay. Staying with your current position will get you a minimal raise and pay, (my opinion, could be different with your situation). Very big company, takes awhile to find your "place". Also, my business outlook and reccomondation to working here is positive.

Nothing really. Maybe pay me a bit more as my work and dedication to the company warrants a weeeeee bit more money than I am making. However other than that, keep up the good work. Oh and obviously management is not reading my "advice" as I sit here drinking a bottle of 15 dollar wine on a Thursday night.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street