State Street

www.statestreet.com
There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Good place to work however not great place to grow

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at State Street

Pros

Excellent benefits. Most employees have 3-4 weeks vacation a year, company offers many different choices for health care.

Technology usage is impressive. As a technologist can learn a lot about many different technologies.

Cons

Many senior managers are clueless as far as how best to leverage their best talent. Many have the attitude that we have always done it this way hence we should continue to do it this way.

If you are not located in Boston it is very difficult to be promoted. Get the feeling that staff in NY are second class citizens.

Too much middle management.

Long hours with little compensation (whether it be financially or comp days).

Take a look at your overall technology strategy and listen to some of your best and brightest as to how best to leverage technology to better support/drive business. Become a more inclusive company, less Boston centric - some of your best talent may not be located in Boston.

1433 Other Employee Reviews for State Street (View Most Recent)

Good starting job.

Current Employee - Fund Accountant Associate I in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Fund Accountant Associate I in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street

Pros

Good starter job. It's definitely a job for recent graduates. Much of the work population in the Fund Accounting departments are young professionals, so it's easy to fit in with your coworkers. The work isn't hard, so it's a good way to be introduced to a corporate atmosphere.

My experience with management in my group has been good. They are always positive, understanding of personal obligations, and are constantly striving to improve efficiency within the group. However, I have friends in other groups who don't share my opinion.

Cons

Extremely monotonous. Once you get the hang of the job, you do the same thing over and over. If you're satisfied with a job that won't challenge you, then Fund Accounting is a good long-term option.

Not sure how they could improve this position. As monotonous as this job is, it's one of those back-room requirements which goes with the territory of custodial banking.

Sr. Business Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street

Pros

very flexible work environment. great work/life balance. great place to work if you want to have flexibility in when/how you do your job.

Cons

There's a lot of posturing and office politics. It's also easy to get pigeon-holed, especially in fund related operations jobs.

Management needs to foster an environment where groups work together to reach a common goal. Posturing and office politics hinder the corporation from truly being great.

There are newer employer reviews for State Street