State Street
2.8 of 5 1,011 reviews
www.statestreet.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

I've seen the Co. destroy families with the O/T & then lay them off after >20 yrs. of sacrifice to hire cheap labor.

Client Service Associate (Current Employee)
Quincy, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAbundance of knowledge gained & looks good on your resume

ConsUnderpaid and overworked w/ high turn around. If you are receiving a decent salary you realize you have limitations on other opportunities as the other dept. wont accommodate your salary due to budgets. So you continue to get good PPR with a slither of hope you wont be stuck in your existing department while waiting like a sitting duck to get laid off. Don't worry SS will rehire you but not any where near what you were previously earning.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand firm in your staff defense as you are our voice that isn't being heard. People are making life changing sacrifice everyday to ensure State Street name is being sustained.

Shareholders are the only group matters today.

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Ok benefits, organized, a job, open for change Cons: No or minimal raises, cut bonuses even if company is… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to your employees, just focusing on outsourcing will get you cheap work but kill creativity that you need in changing environment. Why do you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My experience at State Street Corporation could have been a lot better.

Accounting Specialist (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great company to start your career at an entry-level position. Cons: The company is too big, so you're just a number.… Advice to Senior Management: I'd rather not. I believe that I just got unlucky… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Street CEO Joseph L Hooley. All reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees.