State Street
2.7 of 5 1,199 reviews
www.statestreet.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Bottom line concern and it's negative affect

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

Pros- Ability to work for a company with a great history.
- Opportunities to work in and learn a lot about multiple business lines.
- Work/life balance for the most part is great. Some managers are not big proponents which can negatively affect their groups moral.

ConsThe promotions at the AVP level and above can be a joke. Have to be put in a 'queue' and go up against others in the group instead of just being promoted truly on what you've accomplished.
To many functions offshored created chaos, resulted in extremely valuable employees being laid off.
Pay for people at the same level is/can be varied quite a lot. Need to come up with more equality.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe affect of your laying off valuable employees (with decades of business line and corporate knowledge ) over the last 12-24 months, after prior years of cutting where some performance issues could be a reason, may have helped increase the value of SSC stock but also has had many negative consequences.
Bring jobs back to the U.S., truly value the employees and their knowledge, and promote people based on ability/performance and not a process such a putting them in a 'queue' like being in line at the deli.

Good experience albeit with minimal support from managment

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits/compensation, good holiday pay and vacations time as well Cons: Poor training and up-front expectations as well as responsibilities of… Advice to Senior Management: More initiatives for employees to grow and better training Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great internship experience, learned a lot and always felt like a member of the team that I worked with for 10 weeks.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at State Street as an intern

Pros: Plenty of resources and friendly coworkers across divisions. Cons: Large company and not much interaction with other interns. More
There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Street CEO Joseph (Jay) L. Hooley . All reviews posted anonymously by State Street employees.