There are newer employer reviews for State Street

Good company, supportive work environment,

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Quincy, MA
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Quincy, MA

I worked at State Street

Pros

Friendly, supportive, team environment. People are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Managers were supportive of a healthy work/life balance. Overall, great experience.

Cons

Large but stable company- you need to look for opportunities if you are on a fast track to move up.

Advice to Management

Offer opportunties for lower/mid level employees to contribute to improvement of processes and efficiency to help the bottom line.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It was an experience.

Former Employee - Portfolio Administrator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Portfolio Administrator in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street

Pros

it's a job if you really really really need one.

Cons

It's too big. There are so many managers that it becames redundant. No one was happy, ever. The managers were extermely judgemental and cliquey (not an actual word). If you didn't fit in, they mistreated you. I was told that I was not considered for a promotion because I never told my manager I was interested in a promotion. Who says that? This place turns it's employees into slaves.

Advice to Management

There's a whole new world outside of State Street and if you guys don't get your stuff together you will never be able to inspire growth or passion, there by being inefficient as members of society. But hey, that's you personal problem and choice. Best of luck!

2. Not a place that pays enough to live in this state.

Current Employee - Associate II in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Associate II in Quincy, MA

I have been working at State Street

Pros

Decent benefits package. 100% 401k matching up to 6% of salary (option of regular 401k, Roth 401k, or some combination of both). Can be fun place to work (thanks to co-workers).

Cons

Salaries very low and stagnant for the past 2+ years. Constant layoffs. The 2 cons listed above lead to very low morale lately. Hours increased to 40 hours per week but they still pay at the same rate as 36.25 hours. Management doesn't practice what they preach. Poor communication from management. Not much opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

If you want employees to work 40 hours per week, you should pay them for 40 hours, not the old 36.25 hour rate. Salaries were already low before this.