State Street

www.statestreet.com

exciting for the first few months only

Fund Accountant, Associate I (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

Proswork environment was not too competitive. employees get along with each other pretty well. the job was not too hard. quite a good start for fresh graduates. for master's students, it was way too low to start in here.

Consthe system used is solely for state street, unlike jp morgan or anz who use the same system. knowledge gained from state street (system wise) are not transferable. promotion opportunities are limited.

Advice to Senior Managementnot too much delegation on the analysts. managers and client accountants should be aware of what is going on too. clients would not be impressed with managers or client accountants who were not competent to answer their queries.

Disappointed at the general lack of recognition

Mug (Current Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at State Street

Pros: Nice people to work with and the canteen is very good. The benefits package is quite good. Good facilities… Cons: There can be excessive unpaid overtime - not suitable for anyone in a relationship and/or with children. Showing ability or talent can be to your… Advice to Senior Management: Reward your employees who work hard and show loyalty to StateStreet, or they will simply leave and not come back. You'll earn a bad reputation… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Slave Street

I have been working at State Street

Pros: Excellent exposure to portfolio / fund industries Cons: Where to start? Incompetent middle management, I mean it, extremely incompetent management. Zero, absolutely zero communcation. Zero, absoluately zero effective time usage. Zero, absolutely zero… Advice to Senior Management: Not much, usually the smart ones would have left here… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State Street.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!