Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Alaska reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State of Alaska CEO Sean Parnell. All reviews posted anonymously by State of Alaska employees.
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at State of Alaska
Pros – Below are the pros if you find the few, honest sections/units to work for:
1. Family is priority. If you have a family problem (death, divorce, new baby), employer works with you.
2. Monthly potlucks!
3. Friendly co-workers and management
Cons – Below represents a high percentage of the workplaces
1. High turn over due to bad management.
2. Can be fired at any time for any reason (union agreements are not enforced)
3. Must be in a union to be hired.
4. Union have no role in employment except for collecting dues.
5. Credit is stolen (not credited where due)
6. Pay is extremely lower than average. Basically paid 30% of normal.
Advice to Senior Management – Get rid of the bad apples. They are the reason the State of Alaska is losing tons of workers and money on a monthly basis.
2011-08-09 11:07 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.