State of Alaska

www.alaska.gov

Excellent Career employment

DVOP (Current Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsAs a Veterans Representative I work daily with American heroes. These heroes are fully functional and have tremendous transferrable skills that employers need to recognize and make a place for them in the workplace. The employers need to pursue the Apprenticeship approach to train an individual who would fit into their culture but lacks some certification or entry level degree.

ConsAccounting to the "bean counters" that much of my job is intangible and cannot be measured in individual tasks and specific results that pertain only to Alaska.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow a professional career employee latitude to work out of the box and be creative.

HR in Alaska

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at State of Alaska

Pros: Great leave accrual and benefits. Depending on where you work… Cons: No bonuses, overtime is hard to come by but you are… More

The State is a good employer that offers good benefits and fair salaries.

I have been working at State of Alaska

Pros: The pay and benefits are very good for an 8-5 job. Job security… Cons: There is a union, which makes it difficult for above average workers to get raises faster than standard longevity. It is difficult to get… Advice to Senior Management: None. Mgmt encounters the sames pros and cons, plus deal… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State of Alaska.

Worked for State of Alaska? Contribute to the Community!