State of Colorado Department of Labor

It is what it is...

Current Employee - Labor and Employment Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Labor and Employment Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at State of Colorado Department of Labor full-time

Pros

The people you work with are great! Everyone is so nice and always willing to help. The work is very challenging and interesting. People don't BS you and you are always treated with dignity and respect. The hiring and promoting process is fair and is based solely on your merits.

Cons

The benefits are not very good and perks are non existent. The insurance is kinda expensive, not much vacation time, and there hasn't been annual raises in years. The state is cheaper than any company you will ever work for. The building has zero parking so plan on paying for you own parking which ranges from $75-$125 per month. IF you can find a spot on the street it's free, but cars are always getting hit.

Advice to Management

A stipend for having to pay for parking would be fair.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at State of Colorado Department of Labor

Pros

Great Experience, brand recognition, great staff

Cons

unpaid intern, limited places to move up

Advice to Management

Figure out room in budget to pay interns.

2. Exceptional and elegant customer service

Current Employee - Lead Workers in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Workers in Denver, CO

I have been working at State of Colorado Department of Labor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The advantages with working with the State are challenging jobs and positions. There is always a new job experience, changes to our law, requirements of our Federal programs and new employees coming on board with the Company. There are retirements and changes in management that allow progressive career development.

Cons

When we have to let go of exceptional programs that help our customer base it is hard to communicate this to our customers because it takes away from what we were able to provide in the past. Also, as a direct result this impacts our business and our ability to retain qualified help to our fullest extent.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and developing your skills and passing down the culture to your team's members. Keep stressing the values system and recognizing and rewarding those contributing employees to a higher degree.