State of Colorado Department of Labor

www.colorado.gov

Needs some tweeking.

Labor and Employment Specialist (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe work itself can be interesting. Fast Paced. Good work experience. Co workers and immediate supervisors are great.

ConsThe benefits are terrible and not much of a work life balance due to low time off accrual. The parking situation is a nightmare that you deal with day to day unless you want to spend $100 a month. The new management that has taken over is trying to turn the call center into any other churn and burn call center.

Advice to Senior Management1. Stop appointing people to leadership roles that don't have the creative capacity to really change things.

2. Distribute some of the customer facing workloads to other departments of UI.

3. Allocate funds to make CDLE a great place to work with better benefits so that you can attract younger talent. (this really isn't the departments fault. We need a new Governor with balls to stand up for State Employees)

4. Quit coming down so hard on the call center when the root cause of the problem are the departments who are processing the claims. Most people in the call center are over qualified and if you push them too much they will find other jobs since the economy is improving.

It is what it is...

Labor and Employment Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at State of Colorado Department of Labor full-time

Pros: The people you work with are great! Everyone is so nice and always willing to help. The work is very challenging and interesting. People don't… Cons: The benefits are not very good and perks are non existent. The insurance is kinda expensive, not much vacation time, and there hasn't been annual… Advice to Senior Management: A stipend for having to pay for parking would be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Exceptional and elegant customer service

Lead Workers (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at State of Colorado Department of Labor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The advantages with working with the State are challenging jobs and positions. There is always a new job experience, changes to our law, requirements… Cons: When we have to let go of exceptional programs that help our customer base it is hard to communicate this to our customers because it… Advice to Senior Management: Keep growing and developing your skills and passing down the culture to your team's members. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on State of Colorado Department of Labor.

Worked for State of Colorado Department of Labor? Contribute to the Community!