State of Colorado Department of Labor

There are newer employer reviews for State of Colorado Department of Labor

Needs some tweeking.

Former Employee - Labor and Employment Specialist in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Labor and Employment Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at State of Colorado Department of Labor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work itself can be interesting. Fast Paced. Good work experience. Co workers and immediate supervisors are great.

Cons

The benefits are terrible and not much of a work life balance due to low time off accrual. The parking situation is a nightmare that you deal with day to day unless you want to spend $100 a month. The new management that has taken over is trying to turn the call center into any other churn and burn call center.

1. Stop appointing people to leadership roles that don't have the creative capacity to really change things.

2. Distribute some of the customer facing workloads to other departments of UI.

3. Allocate funds to make CDLE a great place to work with better benefits so that you can attract younger talent. (this really isn't the departments fault. We need a new Governor with balls to stand up for State Employees)

4. Quit coming down so hard on the call center when the root cause of the problem are the departments who are processing the claims. Most people in the call center are over qualified and if you push them too much they will find other jobs since the economy is improving.

4 Other Employee Reviews for State of Colorado Department of Labor (View Most Recent)

It is what it is...

Current Employee - Labor and Employment Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Labor and Employment Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at State of Colorado Department of Labor full-time

Pros

The people you work with are great! Everyone is so nice and always willing to help. The work is very challenging and interesting. People don't BS you and you are always treated with dignity and respect. The hiring and promoting process is fair and is based solely on your merits.

Cons

The benefits are not very good and perks are non existent. The insurance is kinda expensive, not much vacation time, and there hasn't been annual raises in years. The state is cheaper than any company you will ever work for. The building has zero parking so plan on paying for you own parking which ranges from $75-$125 per month. IF you can find a spot on the street it's free, but cars are always getting hit.

A stipend for having to pay for parking would be fair.

Exceptional and elegant customer service

Current Employee - Lead Workers in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Workers in Denver, CO

I have been working at State of Colorado Department of Labor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The advantages with working with the State are challenging jobs and positions. There is always a new job experience, changes to our law, requirements of our Federal programs and new employees coming on board with the Company. There are retirements and changes in management that allow progressive career development.

Cons

When we have to let go of exceptional programs that help our customer base it is hard to communicate this to our customers because it takes away from what we were able to provide in the past. Also, as a direct result this impacts our business and our ability to retain qualified help to our fullest extent.

Keep growing and developing your skills and passing down the culture to your team's members. Keep stressing the values system and recognizing and rewarding those contributing employees to a higher degree.

There are newer employer reviews for State of Colorado Department of Labor