Great place to work !

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I worked at State of Delaware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel the benefits, co-workers and salary were all really a great fit for me.

Cons

At the location I worked in, things were sometimes unorganized, and alot of ego-tripping between supervisors. Other than that it was great working for the State.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would share with management, is that perhaps it would be nice to offer more training and development to employees, so that they can in turn contribute more to the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I worked for over 20 years as an adult, special education, and correctional educator and trainer.

Former Employee - Media and Technology Specialist Educator in Georgetown, DE
    Former Employee - Media and Technology Specialist Educator in Georgetown, DE

I worked at State of Delaware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits. I loved my primary job as a correctional educator after teaching Special Education in public schools for eight years. I was well paid and had summers off for half of the time that I worked in teaching. I am highly educated and found teaching to be my calling.

Cons

Working in a prison was challenging but I was consistent with the inmate students and the staff and other teachers. I was recognized for my work. I cannot say there were many cons to the work I did in Correctional Education.

2. People stick around awhile

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at State of Delaware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is an advantage working in the state government. Great benefit programs. Opportunity to participate in new technology initiatives. People tend to stick around for retirement. Early retirement for some at 25 years.

Cons

Little room for growth for many employees and the pay is less than the private sector.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Develop personnel and improve training. Management needs to care more for staff.