State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

www.dhr.state.ga.us
  www.dhr.state.ga.us
There are newer employer reviews for State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

overworked/ under x
payed/ opportunity to help those in need

Former Employee - FICM I/Economic Support Specialist/Case Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - FICM I/Economic Support Specialist/Case Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

Pros

chance to help those who really need it, understanding of personal needs and time off, easy task, great schedule (9-5 no holidays or wkends)

Cons

excessive amounts of work, strict deadlines,understaffed, mininimal pay

stop the micro management and understand that if you dont hire enough people to do a job you can not expect the same deadlines to be met

25 Other Employee Reviews for State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (View Most Recent)

Why not to work for Chatham County Department of Family and Children Services.

Current Employee - Family Independence Case Manager  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Family Independence Case Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

Pros

Excellent training program with the University of GA system. Schedule flexibility and five day work weeks and paid holidays.

Cons

The computer program is outdated. The company is not paperless. The furloughs have employees making less than they did three years ago. The management staff has the employees afraid to speak their minds because if they do speak out in a meeting they are reprimanded. New employees which are the future refuse to stay under these working conditions so the turnover rate is excessively high. If you have been with the State over 20 years and are a classified employee you should stay and retire. If you have only been with the agency a few years I suggest you leave as fast as you can.

Listen to you employees and offer incentives to keep them happy and keep them employed. If your staff is not happy they will leave eventually and you can't run the agency with a group of outsiders that have been half trained to do the superb job that you were getting from the dedicated new employees. Temporary workers bring temporary solutions to a long term problem.

Beware!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

Pros

Work life balance, very laid back environment

Cons

No growth opportunties, poor salary

People needs to be held accountable for performing their job duties and responsibilities

Worked for State of Georgia Department of Human Resources? Contribute to the Community!