State of Minnesota

www.mmb.state.mn.us

Highly rewarding being able to help job-seekers, in their pursuit of emplyment.

Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) Brooklyn Park, MN

ProsSeeing the progression of your clients, from the transition entry point, to the end result of gainful employment, is exciting. Being able to help job-seekers, gain, or refine the skills necessary in the current employment search, is very rewarding.

ConsRetention dependent solely upon funding capabilities can be nerve racking, especially for people without experience in the private sector. Work areas are (understandably) often understaffed as Personnel placement is tied to the fore-mentioned funding issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at an individual's talent more than their experience alone, or even skill by itself. We know that skill sets can transfer quite nicely, however talent, which is innate, and will enable the person to flourish in their vocation.

Job is great, management not so much

Senior Court Clerk (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at State of Minnesota

Pros: Working there provided me with fantastic benefits and I really felt like I was making a difference in… Cons: Often times management made life miserable for their employees. And if it wasn't management then the… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people that are able to lead and manage their staff. If your employee has proven themselves to be an able employee,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The State of Minnesota is a great employer.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MO

I have been working at State of Minnesota

Pros: Nice hours and work schedule. Cons: Salary compensation is sometimes lacking. Advice to Senior Management: I wouldn't give any; Senior Management does an excellent job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State of Minnesota.

Worked for State of Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!