State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department

www.tax.state.nm.us
  www.tax.state.nm.us
There are newer employer reviews for State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department

Very easy to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department

Pros

Good, friendly environment that helps you grow as a person while still able to maintain a personal life. Easy going people that are easy to work with.

Cons

Management can fall short of their responsibilities and assigning you your responsibilities. Can have very slow days, not all employees do their work.

Make peoples' roles clear and maintain a good professional attitude. Watch your employees and have rewards for those who do their work and consequences for those who do not.

4 Other Employee Reviews for State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department (View Most Recent)

Great benefits-Horrible Management

Current Employee - Tax Accounts Auditor in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Tax Accounts Auditor in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department

Pros

The best reasons to work here is the retirement. You can retire after 25 years. At retirement you receive 75% of your highest 3 years of salary. They have great benefits (health, dental, vision and life insurance) and the majority is paid by the State of New Mexico.

Cons

The state does not give many raises. It is rare to get a raise based on your performance. There is a yearly cost of living raise, but that's it. Most people move around to get raises. It makes it difficult to keep good employees. Managment does not appreciate the work that is done, because they feel someone else will come along.

They need to be fair and not show preferential treatment to a few.

NM TRD mail room was like clockwork.

Former Employee - Temporary/Seasonal Clerk in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Temporary/Seasonal Clerk in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The NM TRD Outgoing Operations Department handles state tax and MVD mail. Training was efficient. The department was staffed well. Never any down time, but never felt overwhelmed by the workload.

Cons

A great temp job - I have nothing but good things to say about my experience there, other than that it had to end.

Work at State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department? Share Your Experiences

State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department