State of North Carolina

www.nc.gov

Recommended for those needing a flexible part-time schedule, but agency rarely hires FT permanent positions w/ benefits

Public Health Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsFlexible schedules with day, evening, and weekend hours available. This job may be ideal for students, retirees, and those who don't need health insurance or other benefits, as agency does not provide any benefits to its temporary employees no matter how many years they work there.

ConsThere is very little opportunity to move into full-time permanent positions with benefits. The pay, while above minimum wage, is quite low. Due to government budget cuts, the agency provides neither raises (annual or otherwise) nor bonuses for its temporary employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities for advancement, annual raises, and bonuses or other incentives (besides flexible work schedules) would allow agency to retain good employees longer.

Boring, but easy.

Office Assistant (Current Employee) West Raleigh, NC

I have been working at State of North Carolina full-time for less than a year

Pros: Never really anything challenging to do. Cons: Bosses in a different location are completely unaware (or just… Advice to Senior Management: Care. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worse now than its been on over 20 years

IT Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at State of North Carolina

Pros: Have relatively good retirement benefits Vacation/sick leave Can work from home Cons: Lack of good senior level management No strategic plan Chaos Senior management does not listen to staff and does not care what we think Too few staff to maintain… Advice to Senior Management: Make a decision and stick with it Value the opinions of people who have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State of North Carolina.

Worked for State of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!