State of North Carolina
www.nc.gov Raleigh, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to provide a good work life balance.

IT Systems Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at State of North Carolina full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIt is a place where you can keep your skills sharp. You have flexibility in your schedulre and your managers understand that you have a family life. Co-workers are nice as there is no rat race to reach the top.

ConsLow salaries and infrequent pay raises. Motivation level is low as there are no rewards for hard work. Red tape and bureaucracy is high and some people just do not do much work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should try innovative ways to motivate the employees. Employes need to be given important and challenging work. It is ok to fail and learn than not to try at all.

code monkey

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at State of North Carolina full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Short hours, stable job with decent pay Cons: Lower than average pay, stagnation Advice to Senior Management: dunno Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great opportunity to learn about political process and to refine crisis communication skills.

Information Communication Specialist III (Current Employee)

I have been working at State of North Carolina full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Once employment milestones are reached, there is job security. Cons: Not enough opportunities for career advancement; salary increases dependent on legislative action rather… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State of North Carolina.

Worked for State of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of North Carolina reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by State of North Carolina employees.