State of Utah

www.utah.gov

Great opportunities for professional advancement. Where you work within the State will significantly your experience.

Attorney (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe people I work with are great. Within my office, which is a political office, I have the opportunity to work in different substantive areas. That comes with an office that has statewide responsibility.

ConsWe haven't had a pay raise in several years. There is a strong antigovernment sentiment within the local community and elsewhere throughout the state.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to understand what the people at the ground level do on a day-to-day basis. It will significantly help in making management and budgetary decisions.

State of Utah Employment

Employment Counselor (Current Employee) Tooele, UT

I have been working at State of Utah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Hours are consistent, pay is consistent, multiple offices, multiple occupations,… Cons: Increases in health care costs and no increase in actual living wage for many years. Sr. management and line workers… Advice to Senior Management: Apply your own throughput strategies to the communication process between line workers and management and try to follow the changes / additions / policies down… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stability

Program Specialist (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at State of Utah

Pros: The health insurance premium is the best reason to be… Cons: State employment is not a money maker. Alot of criticism… Advice to Senior Management: Management for our department is great. Honestly, couldn't ask for a… More
There are newer reviews on State of Utah.

Worked for State of Utah? Contribute to the Community!