Great opportunities for professional advancement. Where you work within the State will significantly your experience.

Current Employee - Attorney  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at State of Utah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people I work with are great. Within my office, which is a political office, I have the opportunity to work in different substantive areas. That comes with an office that has statewide responsibility.

Cons

We haven't had a pay raise in several years. There is a strong antigovernment sentiment within the local community and elsewhere throughout the state.

Take the time to understand what the people at the ground level do on a day-to-day basis. It will significantly help in making management and budgetary decisions.

Other Reviews for State of Utah

State of Utah Employment

Current Employee - Employment Counselor  in  Tooele, UT
    Current Employee - Employment Counselor in Tooele, UT

I have been working at State of Utah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hours are consistent, pay is consistent, multiple offices, multiple occupations, environment and people / co workers... variety.

Cons

Increases in health care costs and no increase in actual living wage for many years. Sr. management and line workers are not on the same page. Legislation is process by which funding is given to do business is not very integrous.

Apply your own throughput strategies to the communication process between line workers and management and try to follow the changes / additions / policies down to where the line worker puts them into practice and see what it looks like in the employee's day to day work. Sometimes the push is so hard to do more with less, that because of the more, less gets done.

Stability

Current Employee - Program Specialist  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at State of Utah

Pros

The health insurance premium is the best reason to be employed. Great office location and great co-workers. Helping the public.

Cons

State employment is not a money maker. Alot of criticism from outside for what we do. Helping the public.

Management for our department is great. Honestly, couldn't ask for a better set of managers in our area. Keep fighitng the good fight!

There are newer employer reviews for State of Utah.

Worked for State of Utah? Contribute to the Community!