State of Utah
www.utah.gov Salt Lake City, UT 5000+ Employees

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWorking for the State of Utah generally provides stable employment, and your coworkers will typically be wonderful people, at least in my experience.

ConsWorking for the State of Utah historically has had great government benefits: health care, defined pension benefit plan, etc. however these have been steadily eroded by the legislature in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe State of Utah is doing better financially than the vast majority of State governments in the country, so the recent erosion in salary and benefits is puzzling. If continued, the State will accelerate the loss of institutional memory and quality employees.

Stressful but can be rewarding

Social Worker (Current Employee)

I have been working at State of Utah full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Helping families change is rewarding. I have made some good friends in the… Cons: We haven't had a raise in 5 years and then we got a 1% raise.… Advice to Senior Management: Be more supportive. Show workers they are doing well. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not worth the stress

Draper, UT

I have been working at State of Utah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: No "call off" due to patient census; retirement plan; sick… Cons: Increased costs of benefits; understaffed; 3-4 month hiring process, then another two months training before staff can actually work; unable to have a word in… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to all of the employees, not just the few.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State of Utah.

Worked for State of Utah? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Utah reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by State of Utah employees.